Monday, November 02, 2009

Surprise! She came early!

BRIELLE WHITNEY WILKINSON
Born Friday, October 30, 2009
6 pounds 6 ounces
18 inches long

I LOVE this double chin!

So here's the story...
I started having contractions, real ones two Saturday's ago and kept having contractions for a few days. I was at a two at my appointment on Tuesday, then Wednesday night I was up all night with back pain and just plain couldn't sleep, so I ate and organized cabinets and cleaned my bathroom.... the next morning before Derek was leaving for work I started having visibly hard contractions and he thought we should go in to the hospital, but I was in denial b/c I had a busy day ahead getting my last few projects done and throwing a Halloween party for the kids at our house. So long story short, I was only 36 weeks, totally going into labor, and feeling totally unprepared. So, to the hospital we went, my doc gave the go ahead and thought we should let nature take its course rather than stop my labor and go on bedrest for days. So I got drugged up, slept all day and finally pushed her out at 3:44am. No tearing, nothing. She was born totally healthy breathing great and has been nursing and pooping like there's no tomorrow. Yahoo!!! Recovery has been a breeze so far, only thing is my back hurting. Thanks to all who watched the girls and have come to visit. The girls are in love with her and are always on top of me caressing her head when I'm nursing her. I love it. We have been so so blessed during this time and feel so grateful.

This is what I looked like when I came into the hospital... not happy!


Last pic of my huge belly...


Her first bath...


The girls' first look at their new little sister


Leaving the hospital with my bundle of joy!

Some of our visitors at the hospital...
Janet came and rocked Brielle for an hour, so sweet...


Kristen, one of Brielle's other mothers coming to meet her for the first time



My girls' other mother Angie, she is due in December with Brielle's future BFF!



Aunt Lori came to love on her



And Grandma D, too... she doesn't have any November birthdays in the whole family and she was getting excited b/c my due date was Nov 23... opps, sorry Grandma!


My girlfriends sent the most beautiful flowers... thanks girls!





Silly Reese wearing my sleep mask













29 comments:

Denisse said...

What a happy time for you guys!!! She is beautiful! And I LOVE the name! It's such a pretty one! Since, my Brielle was born I don't think we've met another one besides Scott's cousin. So, I'm glad there will be another Brielle in the world!!!:)

I'm happy everything went well for you Jess and glad you're recovering quickly. Also, happy that Halle and Reese are being good big sisters to little Brielle!

Morgan said...

Wow! Congrats! She is absolutly beautiful! It's always nice when they come early instead of late! Love ya Jess!

MegiJones said...

Yay!! I'm glad she is here and that all is well...congratulations! She is darling!! Ty and I want to come see her so we'll give you a call sometime soon if that's ok. Cute cute pics!

Spencer Family said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable!!! Halle and Reese must LOVE being big sisters. Take care!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! She is sooo cute! I am so glad that everything went well for ya. I want to come see ya and bring a little something for Brielle. I will call you!

Unknown said...

Congrats Jess! I can't believe she's already here. SHe looks like a doll. Can't wait to see her.

Marissa said...

i think your labors get easier and easier. you should have at least 3 more!! congrats you guys! glad everything went well and she's home and doing good!

Adele said...

Holy cow!! She's here! Congrats Jess! I'll have to come see her and you when I'm in town!! Congrats, she is so beautiful!!

Ashley Wray said...

She is darling Jess, congrats! So glad that everything went well and she is here, healthy and happy. You look great, glad to hear that your recovery is going well!

Tiffany said...

yay for an early baby! she's a great size for being so early! congrats!!!

Stephanie said...

Do I have the most GOEGEOUS nieces on the planet or WHAT!?! Brielle is PERFECT Jess!! Big kisses and squishy hugs to that babe! I am so glad everything went so well. Love You Guys!!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimee said...

Oh my! I hadn't heard she was here! She's beautiful, just like her Momma. Congrats!

Cardon Family said...

Oh my gosh! I was not expecting this post when I checked your blog! Congrats! She is darling and I love her name! How fun...all those cute little girlies!!

Emily B. said...

Oh my! What a surprise! But such a wonderful one!! I can't believe she came so early, and she was such a good size too! Yeah!! Congratulations. I was not expecting that post at all! She's beautiful, as all you girls are. I love her name too.

The Jesperson Family said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations! I love the name too.

Scott and Jamie said...

Oh so small, so darling. I remember when you had Reese, I thought she looked exactly like Halle, but Brielle has a totally different look I think. Maybe she'll change when she gets bigger and out of the newborn look. I am SO HAPPY for you, that everything turned out ok with having her this early, I was scared when I got the message on my cell. I wish you the best recovery ever and I'm glad you have lots of good friends and family there to help you out with your other girls. I'll see you in December, for sure this time. Count on it! I will be in Boise from Dec. 15-26th. If you can't get away, then I will rent a car to come see you! Loveya lots!

The James Family said...

I LOVE all these pics!! She is DARLING and I can't wait to meet her sometime. Reese and Halle look soo happy to have another sister. Im so glad you are doing well and have lots of help. I just wish I could be the girls "other mother" as well. I miss you girl!!

Jess said...

POTTER!!!! Congrats girl!!! I was just checking your blog to see if you had posted any pics from Halloween what a fun surprise! you look so awesome in all the pictures. We need to talk again soon when you have a few mintues. I want to hear all about life with 3 baby girls. miss you lots
j

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HAYHAY said...

There is something about seeing brand new babies that just makes my eyes start watering! She is strait from Heaven, and she is perfect! Good job Jess. I love the picture of her holding her massive nuk. I also LOVE the picture of you hugging Rhees with Briel in between the two of you.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so beautiful and so lucky to be in your family and be loved so much. You look amazing Jessica! Hope things are going well and you are adjusting to life with 3!!

Heather Keenan said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and you look great! You're girls are so cute with her, such a cute family :)

Ericka said...

These pics just make me smile! All the smiles say it all! So glad she is here and healthy! You look amazing too (no surprise there)! Can't wait to watch her grow! Congrats!!!

Rob, Ereca, and Izaiah said...

Congrats girl!!! How fun with three girls! You looked so sassy leaving the hospital. I expect nothing less from Potter! Luv ya.

The Goldade's said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little family you have!

parkinfamily said...

Congratulations! She is so cute and round...I love it. Have fun with three girls...it's crazy.

Katie & Brandon said...

Well we are almost a month out from the big day. Congrats!!! She is beautiful, we're soooo excited for you guys.
Hope you are getting some rest- let me know how it is juggling 3 kiddos!

Karen said...

Congrats!! I have to comment on how awesome your doctor is!! letting you go four weeks early. I love it, sounds fabulous. I love all the pictures of your sweet little girls. 3, they are all so beautiful. I also have to comment on how good you look in labor. Lip gloss and all. It's great! Glad to hear the recovery is going good.